Looking for easy ways to make yourself throw up?
Inducing vomiting is an easy process; if you are already feeling nauseating and try to induce vomiting then it becomes really quick. There are many instances when we strongly feel the need to throw up our stomach content. For example, when we eat something that we can’t digest easily, excessive drinking of alcohol, food products that cause a sour stomach etc…But whatever reason it can be, the first thing you should do is to contact the nearest poison control center or health center. They will guide you on whether it is good for you to induce vomit or not. Because there are many situations where inducing vomiting is not a viable option & in such cases, it is better not to vomit.If you could not able to contact the health center then you should possibly check the reason for feeling seek. Is it overeating, excessive alcohol consumption? or the seafood that you eat a few minutes before? Is there any other symptom that accompanies nausea? (If YES – contact your family physician)
Once you are able to relate the possible cause of your sick feeling then it becomes much easier to decide whether to induce vomiting or not. If there is no other symptom than feeling nausea and you think that you can feel better once you throw up then you can start the procedure to induce vomiting.
How To Make Yourself Throw Up?
1. Decide Place to vomit –
Before you induce your gag reflex and throw up, you should plan the desired place to throw up otherwise you will end up making a mess.
Throwing up stomach content is a quick and instant process & once you start vomiting you can’t control it. So find the place to throw up. It might be your toilet, sink or just a regular bucket.
If you are outside of the home then keep yourself away from other people and their baggage or cars. No one likes it when some random guy vomits on their stuff.
2. Is vomiting necessary?
The human body is an amazing creation of nature. He created the best mechanism to vomit. Our body will throw up naturally when it is necessary.
So it is important to see if you really need to vomit or not. Some people get frazzled with a short wave of nausea and go haywire to induce vomiting; though there is no absolute need for throwing up.
There are a few ideal signs that our body starts to show when it is necessary to vomit, which are as follows –
- Excessive salivation
- The uneasy feeling in the stomach with extreme discomfort.
- Seek feelings with nausea which becomes worse as you move.
- Lips become pale
3. Let your body vomit
If it is an emergency then the body will trigger vomiting automatically. No need of inducing it.
Just go to the toilet and sit for few minutes to allow your body to vomit out
4. Use index finger to activate gag reflex
This is one of the easy & widely practised methods to induce vomiting.
Use your index finger to activate the reflex gag by tingling the back part of your tongue. Push your finger towards the back side of the throat and push your back part of the tongue gently and remove the finger immediately. Doing this will induce gag reflex which will trigger vomiting.
Practice this method with great caution as you might hurt your throat, make sure the nail of an index finger is not grown and clean.
5. Drink Salt Water
Salt water is an ancient home remedy to induce vomiting.Excessive sodium chloride in the stomach activates the vomiting process. So if you could not able to vomit by using your index finger technique, have a glass of salt water and after a couple of minutes try to induce vomiting.
Salt water is a great emetic and works like a charm.
Check Out ➡️ Health Benefits Of Lemon Water
6. Use Ipecac Syrup or Mustard Water
Ipecac syrup is well-known to cause emesis quickly. Read the label of a bottle for instruction and consult your doctor for the proper dose.
Mustard water is also known to make you throw up quickly and easily.
7. Watch another person vomiting
This works like a charm, but it is very difficult to find a person who is vomiting at the same time as you get nausea.
Many websites advise watching a video of a person vomiting but it will not work in many cases (because the physiology of vomiting does not work that way). If you are really a sensitive person then it might be possible for you to vomit by watching a video of another person vomiting. Just give it a try.
8. Prepare to vomit & avoid splatter
Once you are ready to throw up, sit close to the toilet or keep your mouth close to bucket or bowl.
If you are outside of the home then try to be close to the ground. This way you will not spread your vomit all over the place and can avoid splatter.
9. Bloodroot Extract
Bloodroot herb can also make you puke in large doses while a small dose of this remedy stops vomiting.
It is also known as ‘Sanguinaria canadensis’ and being used by Native Americans for various health ailments. Exact dosage of bloodroot is depended upon various factors like age and health condition of a person consuming it. Also, natural products are not always safe to consume. So, consult your doctor to see what he advise for you to consume bloodroot extract.
Does your nausea & vomiting have some serious cause? (When to see a doctor?)
Most of the time nausea is the first sign of stomach upset & gastroenteritis, it is better to consult your doctor in the following conditions.
- If your nausea and vomiting last more than 8 to 10 hours then it is better to consult your doctor.
- In the case of women, if it stays a few days constantly in the morning and you missed your period then think about pregnancy.
- You feel dizzy after vomiting and your tongue becomes dry. – The Dry tongue is the first sign of dehydration which needs to be corrected immediately.
- If vomiting accompanies with diarrhoea and other symptoms.
- If you are not sure exactly what you eat that triggered nausea and vomiting.
- If your kids getting nausea & vomiting. Sometimes they may get a fever.
- If you see blood in vomiting. Your vomits will look like coffee grounds in color.
- If you feel drowsy with vomiting or having a severe headache or neck stiffness.
- If you have the high-grade fever with nausea as well as your heart rate increases more than 100 beats/min and you get sweating & palpitation.
- If you get vomiting after eating every day. This might be bulimia & needs to be treated correctly.
How to prevent nausea?
As we all know that eating wrong things, excessive eating or eating your meal fast can trigger nausea. There is no way to stop vomiting if it is caused by some underlying disease, but you can change your lifestyle to minimize any possible disorders that can trigger vomiting.
- Limit your alcohol consumption. Eat the right food which is healthy and non-irritating to the stomach. Spicy, oily and carbonated food may trigger nausea by causing stomach irritation.
- Sit in the upright position after you eat and avoid sleeping immediately after eating. Drink enough water throughout the day.
- Do not stay awake late nights as it increases gastric acid secretion and causes nausea with burning in the abdomen.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking.
What things should you do after you throw up?
Once you finish your vomiting, you will feel tired because of loss of water and minerals through vomitus.
- The first thing you should do after vomiting is to wash your face and mouth to get rid of the acidic taste in the mouth that vomiting leaves behind.
- If needed, you can brush your teeth.
- To regulate dehydration caused by vomiting, drink water. Take a sip of water at a time and repeat after every 15 to 20 minutes. Try drinking fruit juice like watermelon juice to rehydrate.
- Do not eat or drink anything that can potentially cause nausea like alcohol, carbonated drinks etc.